It’s always worthwhile spending a little time searching for the best deals on flights. And these days it’s become so much easier. When booking things like package holidays, a hotel or car rental, the most common piece of advice you’re likely to hear will be ….
SHOP AROUND OF COURSE!
Compare airfares to find the best deals with no fuss, and within a matter of minutes.
If you’re planning to come to Scotland, we have five international airports in total:
- Prestwick International Airport
Some countries operate direct flights to these airports, but with others, you may have to fly to one of the London airports, or Manchester, and get the shuttle from there.
A FEW HELPFUL TRAVEL TIPS….
- If you haven’t already done so, you can find everything you need to know about travelling to Scotland on the Travel Information page.
- If at all possible, choose a midweek flight rather than Fridays and weekends. Midweek flights can very often work out a lot cheaper.
- Remember to book your flights in advance, especially at peak times of the year, like Christmas, New Year, and during the summer months.
- Don’t book an in-flight meal, take a sandwich on board with you. You’ll save money, and to be honest, you won’t be missing very much.
- If you intend renting a car on arrival, search flights for ALL Scotland airports. For example : If you’re going to Aberdeen, it may cost less to get a flight to Edinburgh, hire a car, and then drive to Aberdeen.